Once, I spotted a little white tooth beginning to rise from my baby’s lower gum. I was thrilled at the idea that my baby will be teething soon, and I started planning the “first tooth” souvenirs but little did I know…
It can be challenging trying to get your baby through the teething phase. You need to endure much sleep deprivation, day and night.
Now, the question is how can I tell that my baby is teething when she is fussy all the time? Is it a different kind of fussiness? Is it stronger? The question hovers in my head.
As a new mom who is at her peak of excitement, I am trying to provide my baby with all the support she needs. Watching my baby pass through her teething phase, I have put together all the symptoms and have come up with natural remedies to help cure the pain, one of which is breastmilk popsicles.
Symptoms of Teething in Babies
When Does Teething Begin?
Teething for infants normally begins at around four to eight months of age and continues until thirty to thirty six months. The lower front teeth are the first to appear.
How Can I Tell that My Baby is Teething?
Not all babies experience teething symptoms; however, if your baby will, here is a list of what will happen:
- Gum-rubbing and chewing on things
- One flushed cheek
- Low-grade fever
Natural Pain Cures for Teething
How Can I Help My Baby Overcome Her Pain Naturally?
When my baby isn’t sleeping, I am definitely not! It is wise to get consultancy on pain cures for your teething baby, for it is absolutely the most difficult phase of her infancy.
Let the mother instinct within you speak boldly and support your growing baby. Here’s a list of natural remedies that help cure the pain:
- Rub your baby‘s gum. With a clean finger, apply pressure, and rub your baby’s gum.
- Keep it cool. You can cool or chill a spoon or a teething ring.
- Rub a slice of peeled ginger. Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps cure the pain.
- Allow your baby to chew on a frozen cloth.
- Dip a piece of cotton in chamomile and rub it on her gum.
- Use alcohol without getting your baby drunk. Dip a piece of cotton in any kind of alcoholic drink and rub it on her gum. Alcohol calms her irritation.
- Allow your baby to chew on a soft toothbrush.
- Buy a teething glove. It is a new product that your baby can wear and easily rub her gum.
- Freeze a bottle or pacifier.
- Give your baby a facial massage. Rubbing her face in circular motions can help soothe the pain.
- Soak a cotton piece with vanilla extract and rub it on her gum. The amount of alcohol in vanilla has a great warming soothing effect.
How Do I Cure Teething Pain if I’m Breastfeeding?
Well, you can certainly breastfeed. Also, besides fruit, you can try making breastmilk popsicles.
Teething is painful yet the most exciting in your baby’s infancy, and drooling and chewing are the first symptoms. It is always wise to consult a professional when it comes to your baby’s physical and mental health. Hence, let medication be your last resort and always search for natural remedies to keep your baby strong and healthy.